What is dance?
Dance transforms images, ideas and feelings into sequences of movement that are personally and socially significant.
Dance allows people to discover, explore and develop their natural instincts for movement, enabling students of dance to develop not only their motor skills but also their mental and emotional personalities.
Why the BTDA?
The BTDA is committed to ensuring access to all students who have the capacity to safely participate in its examinations.
BTDA Graded Examinations in Dance make a significant contribution to education and the performing arts because they:
- encourage individual students to express themselves through dance
- enable students to work towards qualifications that open up career opportunities
- place an emphasis on performance
- provide students with opportunities to experience, understand and value
the language and art of dance
- enable students to develop a broad base of skills and abilities in
- allow students to develop their social skills and their own personalities
- our examinations are accredited into the National Framework
or further details please contact the BTDA by clicking <here>