The British Theatre Dance Association operates a teachers registration scheme and in order to enter students for BTDA and GQAL examinations and awards you must first register with us.
The requirements for provisional registration are:-
- BTDA Advanced Foundation or Grade 7 certificate or equivalent qualification from another awarding body
- A recognised teaching qualification or enrolement onto the teaching qualification offered by the Graded Qualifications Alliance through BTDA
- 18 years of age
- CRB Check (issued within the last two years)
Full registration will be issued on completion of the necessary requirements which could include some or all of the following depending on your current qualification:-
- Regular attendance at Technicons
- Entering students for Examinations
- Completion of a Programme of Study Technical Assessment in those disciplines you wish to enter candidates for examinations.
- Completion of The Teaching Qualification
- A valid 1st Aid Certificate
- A vaild CRB Check (issued within the last 2 years)
In order to maintain Full Registration the following criteria must be met over a 2-year period. Each member must:
- Hold at least two examination sessions with satisfactory results including those disciplines in which they want to continue entering candidates for examinations.
- Attend two technicons and provide evidence of having done so.
- Hold a valid 1st Aid Certificate
- Hold a validt CRB check (issued within the last 2 years)
for further details please contact the BTDA by clicking <here>